A league of women voters to finish the fight and aid in the reconstruction of the nation.Carrie Chapman Catt - Founder, League of Women Voters
Who We Are
League of Women Voters was founded in Chicago on February 14, 1920, six months before the 19th amendment to the Constitution was ratified. Click here to read more about the League’s history. League of Women Voters of Naperville was founded in 1956.Any person 16 years or older, male or female, may join the League. The League of Women Voters is an organization fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in principle and in practice.
We Are Proud to Be Nonpartisan AND Political.
The League is proud to be nonpartisan, neither supporting nor opposing candidates or political parties at any level of government. The League works to influence public policy through citizen education and advocacy. The League participates in League of Women Voters of Illinois and League of Women Voters of the US policy positions.
What We Do
We register voters, conduct candidate forums and debates, publish an online voter guide, hold mock elections in the high schools, and so much more! See our full list below. League members choose which public policy issues will be targeted for action by their local League.
Current Naperville program concerns include:
- Continuation of Vote411
- Continuation of voter service initiatives, candidate forums, voter education for upcoming elections, and voter registration
- Support for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
- Advocate for voting by mail to become the main means of casting a ballot
- Continuing support for environmental initiatives.
- The Environmental Committee is concentrating on two areas: working with IMEA (Illinois Municipal Electric Agency) to promote alternative energy resources and working with NEST (Naperville Environment and Sustainability Task Force) to support local efforts.
How You Can Get Involved
JOIN the Naperville League! Your volunteer work helps support all of our activities: voter registration, candidate forums, stroll to the polls, Birthday Boxes, and more.
Volunteer for an activity that interests you.
Contact our Membership Chair for current opportunities: email@example.com or contact any one of our board members listed below with questions. Watch Facebook and check website posts and event listings for information.
Become a Proud Volunteer
When you join the League of Women Voters of Naperville, you add your voice to the group of women and men in your community who empower voters and defend democracy.