Learn More About the League
Some of our members are active and busy with League activities throughout the year – registering voters, supporting League positions, keeping our community informed and more. Some of our members join to support our mission. Please review our essential League documents to learn more.
Current LWV Naperville Program
League program is the education and advocacy platform that we adopt to move our mission forward. League Principles and positions on public policy issues are included in the LWVUS Bylaws. The current LWV Naperville League Platform includes:
- Continuation of Vote411
- Continuation of voter service initiatives, candidate forums, voter education for upcoming elections, and voter registration
- Support for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
- Advocate for voting by mail to become the main means of casting a ballot
- Continuing support for environmental initiatives. The Environmental Committee is concentrating on two areas: working with IMEA (Illinois Municipal Electric Agency) to promote alternative energy resources and working with NEST (Naperville Environment and Sustainability Task Force) to support local efforts.
Where We Stand: LWVIL Positions
Where We Stand is the platform of the League of Women Voters of Illinois. In concert with the LWVUS guide to public policy positions, Impact on Issues, it forms the basis for all action taken by the Illinois Leagues on state and national issues and the League Principles.
Where We Stand 2019-2021 covers the LWVIL state positions and the action issues adopted at the 2019 Convention, which are designed to help local Leagues use the state program effectively. The material is organized into four topic sections: Representative Government, International Relations, Environment, and Social Policy.
LWV United States
LWVUS priorities for 2021-2022:
- Pass the ‘For the People’ Act to increase voter access
- Restore the Voting RIghts Act
- Implement fair redistricting
- Ensure equal rights for all
- Comprehensive immigration reform
- Address the climate change crisis
- Ensure quality health care for all Americans
- End gun violence in America
- Ensure peace and climate justice abroad
LWVUS Impact on Issues
Impact on Issues is designed to help League members use LWVUS public policy positions effectively at the national, state, local, and regional levels. The intention is to inspire Leagues to use national positions to act in their own communities.